Local Immigration Partnerships (LIPs) are the mechanism through which IRCC supports the development of local partnerships and community-based planning around the needs of newcomers.
The TEQ LIP seeks to involve diverse stakeholders in the partnership development process including service provider organizations, levels of government, school boards, professional associations, ethno-cultural organizations, faith-based organizations, the social services sector as well as the community at large.
Organizations and stakeholders across Scarborough are working together to build strong, inclusive and welcoming communities supporting newcomers’ settlement success by fostering collaboration, partnerships and equitable participation of all members.
Goals of the TEQ LIP:
- To support better co-ordination and collaboration in the planning and delivery of integration services across multiple sectors;
- To provide a framework to facilitate the development and implementation of sustainable local and regional solutions for the successful social and economic integration for newcomers;
- To strengthen local capacity to integrate newcomers in a manner that fosters improved labour market access, increased social inclusion, and the creation of sustainable welcoming communities for newcomers;
- To achieve improved newcomer outcomes as indicated by increased economic, social, political, and civic participation by newcomers.
As a multi-sectoral partnership at the local community level, TEQ LIP engages stakeholders in collaborative actions that facilitate the integration of newcomers and promote inclusion.
Other Local Immigration Partnerships in Toronto
- Toronto North LIP – http://www.torontonorthlip.ca/
- Toronto South LIP – http://torontolip.com/
- Toronto West LIP – http://www.torontowestlip.ca/
- Toronto Newcomer Office – http://www.toronto.ca/newcomer