The Toronto East Quadrant (TEQ) Local Immigration Partnership Council is a group of organizations and agencies that come together regularly to develop and implement coordinated, innovative, and sustainable strategies to settlement and integration that fit the diverse and unique needs of newcomers in Scarborough.
The Partnership Council consists of a wide range of stakeholders including community organizations, settlement agencies, government departments, educational institutions and many more. Each partner brings specific expertise to the table, such as expertise on health care, employment, housing, settlement, education, and language training.
The TEQ LIP Partnership Council works collectively with the Toronto Newcomer Council, the community at large, and other committees to identify and implement new ways to strengthen service coordination and create a model of service delivery that works seamlessly from the perspective of newcomers.
The Council is responsible for facilitating and overseeing the development and implementation of the Scarborough Regional Settlement Strategy through the TEQ LIP Action Groups.
Our TEQ LIP Partnership Council members include:
- ACCES Employment
- Afghan Women’s Organization
- Agincourt Community Services Association
- Aisling Discoveries Child and Family Centre
- Arab Community Centre of Toronto
- Birchmount Bluffs Neighbourhood Centre
- Catholic Crosscultural Services (Lead Agency)
- Centennial College
- Centre for Immigrant and Community Services (CICS)
- Centre francophone de Toronto
- Chinese Family Services of Ontario
- City of Toronto Newcomer Office
- City of Toronto Social Development, Finance and Administration
- Conseil Scolaire MonAvenir
- Conseil Scolaire Viamonde
- East Metro Youth Services
- Hong Fook Mental Health Association
- La Passerelle – I.D.E.
- Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade
- Polycultural Immigrant and Community Services
- Progress Career Planning Institute
- Settlement Assistance and Family Support Services
- The Career Foundation
- The Housing Help Centre
- The Scarborough Hospital
- Toronto Catholic District School Board
- Toronto District School Board
- Toronto Parks, Forestry and Recreation
- Toronto Public Health
- Toronto Public Library
- University of Toronto Scarborough Campus
- YMCA Newcomer Information Centre
- YWCA Scarborough