Immigrant Employment Toronto Day 2016
The Toronto East Local Immigration Partnership (TEQ LIP) is pleased to present the new city wide initiative Immigrant Employment T.O Day 2016. Immigrant Employment T.O. Day 2016 is a collaborative city-wide event focused on fostering personal and professional connections for immigrant professionals, employers and business networks. This year, marks the 4th annual Immigrant Employment T.O. Day, which was previously referred to as Immigrant Employment Week. In its new format, the two day event will include interactive and informative talks and workshops by leading industry experts, sector-specific networking and knowledge exchange events.
Day 1 – Interactive Workshops for Service providers held at Ellesmere Community Centre was a very successful event attended by over 70 Service providers and newcomers
The following workshops were held on Day 01.
- Health & Employment – “Bridging the gaps for a more productive and diverse workforce” – featuring guest speakers from Samsung Canada and Toronto Public Health.
- “Building strengths on Employment” facilitated by the Mennonite New Life Centre
- Social Enterprise – “A gateway of opportunities for immigrants” – featuring guest speakers from Toronto Enterprise Fund at United Way of Greater Toronto and Rehma Community Services Click to register: http://immigrantemploymenttoday2016.eventbrite.ca
Day 2 – Networking and Building Relationships – For Newcomer Professionals
When: Wednesday June 15th, 2016 1:00pm – 4:30pm
Where: Malvern Employment & Social Services – 325 Milner Ave, Scarborough ON
The event will feature:
An interactive workshop/panel discussion led by key experts;
- Social meet-up: Gerard Keledjian – New Horizons Media,
- Importance of joining a cultural group and volunteering – Jamie Gonzales – Latin Project Management Network
- How to effectively market your skills through various media and social media tools – Raj Narayan – Branding and Digital Marketing Consultant and Miguel Abascal – CEO and Founder – Unstoppable Me
2. A Speed Mentoring event hosted by ACCES Employment. Participants will have the opportunity to meet and network with various community professional industry leaders in entrepreneurship, healthcare, IT and Finance
There are 40 spots available for this session, clients must register for this event. For registration details and inquiries, please contact Melissa Waterman at [email protected] or 416 431- 5326 ext. 2405
Please share and circulate the attached flyer to your networks and contacts. We are looking forward to this exciting event!