The Toronto East Quadrant Local Immigration Partnership Council (TEQ LIP), is a group of organizations and agencies that come together to aid newcomers in Scarborough. TEQ LIP develops and implements coordinated, innovative, and sustainable strategies to settlement and integration that fit the diverse and unique needs of newcomers to this community.
The Partnership Council consists of a wide range of stakeholders including community organizations, settlement agencies, government departments, educational institutions and more. Each partner boasts specific expertise and critical skills in areas such as health care, employment, housing, settlement, education, and language training.
The TEQ LIP Partnership Council works collectively with the Scarborough Newcomer Council, the community at large, and other local committees to identify and implement new ways to strengthen service coordination and create a model of service delivery that works seamlessly for newcomers.
The Council is responsible for facilitating and overseeing the development and implementation of the Scarborough Regional Settlement Strategy through the TEQ LIP Action Groups.
Our TEQ LIP Partnership Council Members Include:
- ACCES Employment
- Afghan Women’s Organization
- Agincourt Community Services Association
- Aisling Discoveries Child and Family Centre
- Arab Community Centre of Toronto
- Birchmount Bluffs Neighbourhood Centre
- Catholic Crosscultural Services (Lead Agency)
- Centennial College
- Centre for Immigrant and Community Services (CICS)
- Centre francophone de Toronto
- Chinese Family Services of Ontario
- City of Toronto Newcomer Office
- City of Toronto Social Development, Finance and Administration
- Conseil Scolaire MonAvenir
- Conseil Scolaire Viamonde
- East Metro Youth Services
- Hong Fook Mental Health Association
- La Passerelle – I.D.E.
- Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade
- Polycultural Immigrant and Community Services
- Progress Career Planning Institute
- Settlement Assistance and Family Support Services
- The Career Foundation
- The Housing Help Centre
- The Scarborough Hospital
- Toronto Catholic District School Board
- Toronto District School Board
- Toronto Parks, Forestry and Recreation
- Toronto Public Health
- Toronto Public Library
- University of Toronto Scarborough Campus
- YMCA Newcomer Information Centre
- YWCA Scarborough