The Toronto East Quadrant Local Immigration Partnership (TEQ LIP) and Birchmount Bluffs Neighbourhood Centre’s (BBNC) Get Active In Your Neighbourhood Scarborough (GAINS) project will be hosting the second annual Live Well Forum in conjunction with various health, recreation and social service organizations in Scarborough.
The Active Living & Healthy Spaces Forum focuses on promoting healthier communities, with a particular emphasis on the benefits to people’s physical and mental health through active or healthy living.
The places that we live, learn, work and play have a big influence on our health. Whether you work in an office, are a student or are involved in your community, join us as we explore ways you can shape where you spend time, transforming it to an active, healthy andpositive space!
The Live Well: Active Living & Healthy Spaces Forum is an opportunity for residents and service providers from various sectors to:
- Discuss opportunities for resident engagement and involvement in making positive use of community spaces and City facilities to create a healthier, happier more productive culture within communities.
- Learn how to support positive mental well-being and minimize stress so the workplace is an environment where everyone can flourish and reach their potential, personally and professionally.
- Participate in hands on energizer workshops showcasing how individuals can engage in opportunities for healthy eating, active living and social involvement within their community or workplace.
- Receive community resources and lifestyle tips and tools to promote physical wellbeing.
- Health Check Stations to perform blood pressure and glucose readings, obtain pedometers and receive medical and fitness tips from physicians and trainers.
- Health Wise Tools to eat right, feel great and live healthy .
- Mental and Physical Energizer Sessions you can do at home or at work!
Join us as we explore ways to embrace life and Live Well!
To register for this free event, please visit:
For more information, please contact:
- Martin Kengo, TEQ LIP Officer. Tel: 416-694-1138 ext. 117 or E-mail:[email protected].
- Kaushi Ragunathan,Community Development Coordinator(BBNC)Tel:416-396-7599or E-mail:[email protected].
For agencies interested in hosting a resources table at the event, please contact Martin or Kaushi by Wednesday August 6th 2014 to request for space.